4. Implement Compensation-based Rewards: Rewarding performance can really boost team morale, and it increases employee’s emotional investment in the company. Sometimes, money is the deciding factor for an employee.
5. Provide Training: Providing in-house training is convenient way to benefit both your business and your employees. Leadership training or industry-specific training are two popular options.
6. Cultivate Rapport: Encourage a team attitude. There are many ways to boost morale: office parties, softball teams, and family cookouts are fun ways to bring your team together.
7. Listen: Simply talking to your employees can help improve employee retention. Talk to them before they seek employment elsewhere. Find out what they like about the company. Find out if there are any improvements that could be made that would encourage long-term association. If they do plan to leave, ask if there are any improvements that could be made that would convince them to stay.
8. Deal with internal problems: In addition, it’s important to deal with any problems within the office. Many small annoyances can snowball until it seems big enough to justify leaving.